Thursday, October 1, 2015

My Sweet Em


In case you can't read this....

Dear Mom,

I love you very much! I hope that you will be able to travel to Colorado safely and that your surgery will be successful. You are the greatest mom ever! I also hope that you will have a good time and promise me to try to have no frowny faces! If you ever get aggravated or upset, just remember you are doing an amazing thing for someone you love and it is really going to make her (and him) happy. You are an amazing girl and super selfless. You are always willing to help others. You are the example I try to follow everyday. Once again I just want you to know I love you very much and I hope the best for you!

Love (heart), Emery

 I don't know about you, but every time I read this I tear up. My niece is 10 years old (9 when she wrote this). She gave it to Ashley when she was traveling out her for a polypectomy (pre-transfer) in March.  My heart just wants to burst with pride - AND I AM ONLY HER AUNT! I can't take ANY credit for this girl/woman/person she is turning out to be.

I am so excited to be bringing up a girl that will have not only a role model in their aunt, but also their cousin. I so look forward to watching Emery mother these babies. I know they will admire her, respect her, love her and look to her example as they grow.

How lucky are we?

I only hope I can do half of the job Ashley and Rob have done with their kids. They continue to amaze and inspire me everyday. I am overwhelming grateful for this opportunity. I hope my sweet niece will remember this experience and draw from it as she goes throughout life.

I love you my sweet Em.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Gaaaah! What a beautiful letter written by an obviously beautiful soul (who no doubt will be strong female role model in your kiddos' life). It's very clear to me the Spirit is present in this entire journey. Much love to you all.